The insulation is of two types, 90% duck down and 10% synthetic. The Fibercloud HT synthetic loose fibrefill insulation is extremely warm, exceptionally fluffy and fast drying and it is used for the exposed hood, shoulders and sleeves.
The result is that the Jack Wolfskin Men’s Zenon XT Jacket is a very successful all-round jacket that offers protection against the weather, that provides most warmth where it is most needed and is lightweight and breathable.
- Universal hybrid jacket with high warmth-to-weight ratio
- 90/10 duck down/synthetic loose fibrefill insulation
- Very lightweight
- Integrated hood with elasticated edge around face
- 2 x side pockets
- Small pack size
- Pack sack included
- Shorter length
- Outer: Stormlock Active
- Main fill: Duck down (700 cu in loft)
- Hood, shoulders, sleeves fill: Fibercloud HT synthetic loose fibrefill insulation (500 cu in loft)
- Weight (M): 350 g
- Stormlock Active
- Very lightweight, windproof, water-repellent, highly breathable fabric.
This synthetic, loose fibrefill 500 cu in insulation combines the best of both worlds: it boasts the loft and the heat retention of down whilst retaining all the advantages of synthetic fibre insulation. Fibercloud HT material consists of micro/hollow fibres of different length, type and fineness, which forms the loose fluff. The fibrefill is processed like down and loosely packed into chambers where it can expand to its full loft. This loft, and therefore the heat retention, is retained even when the material is wet, e.g from rain, snow or sweat). In addition, the material dries very quickly and is especially easy to care for. Both of these features prove useful on trips where the opportunities for drying are limited.