Exmoor, Selworthy: Holnicote House
Lying near the village of Selworthy at the heart of the Exmoor National Park, this historic building is set in peaceful gardens with extensive lawns and has superb walks right from the doorstep.
The house was once the heart of an extensive 12,500 acre estate. In 1944 owner Sir Richard Dyke Acland, a Liberal MP and founder member of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND), gifted the house and estate to the National Trust.
Today Holnicote House comprises of 34 newly refurbished bedrooms both in the main house and in the thatched cottages in the grounds. There are two comfortable lounges, dining room and sociable bar.
The gardens, part of the wider Holnicote Estate, are extensive and include a putting green and croquet lawn. The heated outdoor swimming pool is always popular with our guests.