Hello, welcome to The Outdoor Guide’s guide to walking!
So if you are looking for a fantastic walk for the family, with the dog, or on wheels, you’ve come to the right place. The Outdoor Guide aka TOG has teamed up with GPS mapping app ViewRanger to provide you will all our routes.
So how do you get the routes from the website to your phone …
- Open your walk page on The Outdoor Guide. A selection of our walks can be seen here: https://theoutdoorguide.co.uk/walks/
- Your chosen walk page will look something like this: theoutdoorguid.wpengine.com/walks/julia-bradbury-walks/britains-best-walks-old-harry-rocks-dorset This is the page that will have the most information, a description about the walk (not directions) also nearest trainline, hotel, B&B, pubs etc.
- On the grey section directly under the map click: View route in full in ViewRanger’s community site
- A page like this will then come up https://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MTA4OTIw
- On the left is a button that says ‘Get this route’. Click that button.
- Up will pop a box that says ‘Please login (or register a new account) to get this route. Click confirm to continue.’ Click confirm.
- Log in and / or create account (all free).
- You should then be directed back to page as seen in step 4.
- Repeat step 5. On the left is a button that says ‘Get this route’. Click that button.
- Your page will then automatically reload. You will see a new button in the top right corner that says ‘menu’.
- Click that button, then click Print as PDF.
- A box will pop up giving recommended options. Then click export.
- If you want the map on your phone you will need to download the app which you can do here: viewranger.com
- Then just log in and your route will be available on your phone.
- You have the option to use the ViewRanger standard map or buy OS maps.