Driven by a desire to explore the great outdoors with their children, authors, Becky Jones and Clare Lewis, dipped into their own childhoods to weave family friendly walks into enthralling adventures. With a hint of nostalgia, the adventures revive the simple pleasures of climbing trees, building shelters, scavenger hunts, tracking and trail-finding and identifying wild flowers. Whether it’s an urban or a countryside adventure it is guaranteed to be packed with diverting activities and tantalising facts designed to fire the imagination of every child. Unique to the market, these charmingly illustrated, pocket-sized maps and books are crammed with everything you need to know to plan and enjoy a magical day out with the family.[columns] [column width=”one-half”]
TOP TIPS FOR FAMILY ADVENTURES
- Start the ‘adventure’ before you leave the house: ask the kids to mix up a bag of dried fruit, nuts, seeds and chocolate (Smarties and Chocolate Buttons are good) to keep them going along the way.
- Assign one of the grown-ups to walk at the pace of the slowest child.
- Take turns in being leader of the expedition, and play Follow the Leader as you go.
- Make up stories: put your child in as the hero/heroine and take it in turns to add a sentence to the story.
- Sings songs, send the kids on a scavenger hunt or go on a bear hunt!